What’s on your agenda this summer? Staying home? Getting outside? Rediscovering friends and family? Use these June inspirational quotes and summer days quotes to bring more appreciation — and maybe more fun — into your life this month.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through an affiliate link, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can see my full disclaimer here.
How to Use These Quotes for June
Does it feel like summer has suddenly arrived and now you need to do #allthethings that you’ve been dreaming about during the long cold months of winter and weeks or months of social distancing?
Let’s slow down a little bit.
Take some time to think about what you really want to do.
Get inspired by the beautiful June quotes in this post.
Fill out a dreams and goals worksheet.
Prioritize your goals, and then truly enjoy the most important things.
This summer I’m concentrating on relaxing and putting first things first, so I created the quote graphics in this post to reflect that.
I hope you find something here that will truly inspire your summer!
Relaxing June Days Quotes
1. “Far up in the deep blue sky, Great white clouds are floating by; All the world is dressed in green; Many happy birds are seen, Roses bright and sunshine clear Show that lovely June is here.”
— F. G. Sanders
2. “Green was the silence, wet was the light,
the month of June trembled like a butterfly.”
— Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
3. “It isn’t the big pleasures that count the most; it’s making a big deal out of the little ones.”
— Jean Webster, American author, 1876-1916
Often we get so busy trying to create epic summer adventures or events that we miss the enjoyment of blowing bubbles with our children (or the dog, which is also pretty fun).
Maybe this isn’t the summer of epicness. But maybe it’s the summer we will remember as one of the best.
4. “Summer is not obligatory. We can start an infernally hard jigsaw puzzle in June with the knowledge that, if there are enough rainy days, we may just finish it by Labor Day, but if not, there’s no harm, no penalty. We may have better things to do.”
— Nancy Gibbs
5. “What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.”
— Gertrude Jekyll
6. “Stop a minute, right where you are. Relax your shoulders, shake your head and spine like a dog shaking off cold water. Tell that imperious voice in your head to be still.”
— Barbara Kingsolver
When I get to working too long and thinking I should be able to do everything perfectly, I really need this quote.
Plus, I intend to do more relaxing of my shoulders this summer — it’s easier to hold a pretty, icy-cold drink that way. 🙂
7. “In my college years, I would retreat to our summer house for two weeks in June to read a novel a day. How exciting it was, after pouring my coffee and making myself comfortable on the porch, to open the next book on the roster, read the first sentences, and find myself on the platform of a train station.”
— Amor Towles
8. “And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days.”
— James Russell Lowell
Inspiration to Get Things Done
9. “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.”
— David Allen, author of Getting Things Done
Even though it’s summer, there are times we really need to do some work.
I’ve got a few unfinished projects that have been weighing on my mind, so my goal is to complete those this summer. I’m promising myself to not begin anything new until I’ve finished what I’ve already begun.
However, I’m learning to be more realistic about what I can actually finish on any given day.
Learn your limits. Develop your finishing instinct, but don’t push yourself beyond exhaustion. It is summer, after all!
10. “If you could not do much in the month of April with five letters, think of what really you can do with the month of May with three letters before you open the door of the month of June with four letters. Which is the break time for the entire twelve months of the year. Until you clearly understand how you are spending the year, you shall finish spending it and ponder over how you spent it, year after year! No one is absolutely free from excuses and the challenges of life. You just have to do something great with each day in the year!”
— Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
11. “Summer is a promissory note signed in June, its long days spent and gone before you know it, and due to be repaid next January.”
— Hal Borland
Unique Inspirational Quotes to Look at June Differently
12. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.”
— Katharine Hepburn
So much truth. I wish I had learned this many, many years ago.
Break a few rules this summer.
Just be smart about it… life is best when you do no harm to yourself or anyone else.
13. “What a strange thing it is to wake up to a milk-white overcast June morning! The sun is hidden by a thick cotton blanket of clouds, and the air is vapor-filled and hazy with a concentration of blooming scent.
The world is somnolent and cool, in a temporary reprieve from the normal heat and radiance.
But the sensation of illusion is strong. Because the sun can break through the clouds at any moment . . .
What a soft thoughtful time.
In this illusory gloom, like a night-blooming flower, let your imagination bloom in a riot of color.”
— Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
14. “I realized
June had never been
just a month
never just a tremble
on my lips
warmth was never
merely a blanket.”
— Sanober Khan, A touch, a tear, a tempest
Quotes for June Evenings
15. “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.”
— Wallace Stevens
This is something I usually miss out on during the summer. I like going to bed early and I hate bugs, so most of the time I’m inside looooong before the summer night has a chance to arrive.
This year I’m going to try really hard to stay up a little later, ignore the bugs, and sit out on the deck to enjoy that special summer nightfall. I might have to surround myself with a lot of citronella candles. 😉
16. “There are moments, above all on June evenings, when the lakes that hold our moons are sucked into the earth, and nothing is left but wine and the touch of a hand.”
— Charles Morgan
17. “In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explodes, and every sunset is different.”
— John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent
18. “If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.”
— Bernard Williams
More Motivational Quotes and Posts
What’s inspiring you during June? Big plans? Little plans? Trying new things? Revisiting old memories? Making all-new memories and traditions?
I hope these June quotes will inspire you to enjoy your life every day and motivate you to increase your productivity AND gratitude as you Build Your Best Life.
You’ve got this!
Did you enjoy this post? Know someone else who might like it? Please take a moment to share on Pinterest, Facebook, or your favorite social media… (Click the sharing buttons at the bottom of the post.) Thank you!