Let’s talk for a minute about those golden, magical days of summer. If they seem like just a dream to you, here are 17 summer days quotes to remind you of what summer can be when you relax and just let things flow.
I love summer. Actually, to be completely honest, I love the IDEA of summer. Long, lazy days that begin uber-early with bright sunshine streaming through the windows and end beneath the twinkling stars. That’s the dream, right?
The reality of summer heat? I don’t always love that so much. I detest bugs and humidity.
But even though I’m an indoorsy girl at heart, I think it’s important to enjoy the opportunities to embrace the relaxed spirit of the season.
Grilling, sunshine, reading, relaxing, journaling, the occasional beach day, thunderstorms… and no snow!
So even if the hot season isn’t your favorite time of the year, these quotes just might help you find a new way to think about those sun-drenched days of summer.
This year, instead of rushing headlong into doing #allthethings, let’s pause to relax as we refresh our tired soul with these summer days quotes. I’ve also got some slow down quotes if you need a little more inspiration to just let go of the pressure.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through an affiliate link, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can see my full disclaimer here.
Lazy Days of Summer Quotes
1. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.”
— John Lubbock
2. “A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.”
— James Dent
3. “If you’re not barefoot, then you’re overdressed.”
4. “Time always seems long to the child who is waiting – for Christmas, for next summer, for becoming a grownup: long also when he surrenders his whole soul to each moment of a happy day.” — Dag Hammarskjold
5. “Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy. To do nothing and have it count for something. To lie in the grass and count the stars. To sit on a branch and study the clouds.” — Regina Brett
6. “Summer gathered in the weather, the wind had the proper touch, the breathing of the world was long and warm and slow. You had only to rise, lean from your window, and know that this was the first real time of freedom and living; this was the first morning of summer.” — Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine
Beautiful Summer Day Quotes
7. “One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by.” — Jeanette Walls
8. “People get a little bolder and more wild in summer. You’ve got things going on kabobs, things cooking on the bone. There’s something about standing over a grill or outside with the family that inspires us.” — Guy Fieri
9. “I almost wish we were butterflies and liv’d but three summer days – three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain.” — John Keats
10. “One swallow does not make a summer, neither does one fine day; similarly one day or brief time of happiness does not make a person entirely happy.” — Aristotle
11. “I was made for sunny days.”
12. “If summer had one defining scent, it’d definitely be the smell of barbecue.” — Katie Lee
13. “Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer’s day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
14. “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” — Henry James
15. “Some people are so much sunlight to the square inch.” — Walt Whitman
16. “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate.” — William Shakespeare
17. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air’s salubrity.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Using Quotes to Live More Intentionally
Living intentionally and enjoying the best of every summer day is not always an easy feat. But I truly believe reading quotes like the ones in this post can inspire you to take positive actions every day and increase the level of joy in your life.
When one of these quotes about summer days strikes your fancy or makes you stop and think, take some time to write about your thoughts and feelings. Cute notebooks like these are the perfect summer accessory to capture all of your scribblings.
Build Your Best Life this summer… you’ve got this!
Related Posts You May Enjoy
5 Quotes to Inspire Your Summer — Filling the Jars
Why Unplugging From Technology Will Make Your Life Better — Filling the Jars
5 Ways Summer Is Good For Your Health — HuffPost
9 Unforgettable Last Days of Summer Quotes for August — Filling the Jars
Did you enjoy this post? Know someone else who might like it? Please take a moment to share on Pinterest, Facebook, or your favorite social media… (Click the sharing buttons at the bottom of the post.) Thank you!