Here are 20 short gratitude quotes you can use to inspire a regular gratitude practice. Quotes on thankfulness and gratitude always calm my mind when I’m stressed, and I hope these easy-to-remember thankful and grateful quotes will do the same for you.
How To Use These Short Gratitude Quotes
Grateful heart quotes are a beautiful springboard to turn your mind toward positive gratitude thoughts.
The short quotes in this post come in handy when you feel the stress building and need some simple words to redirect your mind to calmer waters. Memorize a few and keep others around as reminders.
I like to believe that it helps my family members to frequently see gratitude thoughts quotes on display in different areas of the house. Even if my guys roll their eyes a little bit, I know the words and concepts are becoming familiar. 😉
You can also use these quotes as prompts for your gratitude journal jar.
Read these quotes often, remember your favorites, display them anywhere you can think of, and then live them…
What Does Gratitude Do For Us?
Simply put, gratitude is the most powerful emotion we can cultivate.
When you stop to think about everything you have and do as something to be thankful for, amazing things happen.
Being grateful changes how you view yourself and how you deal with everyone around you.
I know we sometimes refer to people who always express gratitude as ‘Pollyanna’ — and not always in a kind way. 🙁 But really, there’s something totally awesome about the ability to see the good and positive in everything.
Let’s face it, gratitude and positivity are pretty awesome ways to live your life. What’s even better… they are habits you can build with practice. Using the power of gratitude quotes can help you do that.
Life is always better when you can find a reason to smile… and then do something to help bring a smile to others.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through an affiliate link, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can see my full disclaimer here.
20 Thankful and Grateful Quotes
1. “A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.”
2. “We can only be said to be alive in those moments, where our hearts are conscious of our treasures.”
― Thornton Wilder
3. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.”
― Melody Beattie
4. “Be in love with your life. Every detail of it.”
― Jack Kerouac
5. “Gratitude is the gateway to a positive life.”
― A.D. Posey
6. “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.”
― Lionel Hampton
7. “When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others.”
― Dalai Lama
8. “Gratitude helps us to see what is there instead of what isn’t.”
― Annette Bridges
9. “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.”
― Tony Robbins
10. “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”
― Roy T. Bennett
11. “Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.”
― Henry Ward Beecher
12. “Choose to be grateful.”
13. “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.”
― Doris Day
14. “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.”
― Brené Brown
15. “Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
― Gilbert K. Chesterton
16. “Be grateful when your mood is high and graceful when it is low.”
― Richard Carlson (author of Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff)
17. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
18. “I live by two words: tenacity and gratitude.”
― Henry Winkler
19. “Gratitude is the best attitude.”
20. “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.”
― Maya Angelou
Sign up below to have the printable quotes sent right to your email…
How to Create Easy DIY Decor With Printable Gratitude Quotes
My favorite DIY decor trick is printing simple things and plopping the print into a frame. Boom! Instant and inexpensive decor.
A few tips:
Cheap frames work just fine. As long as your frames are all the same color, nobody will know whether they cost $1 or $100. Make it easy, go with all black or all white frames.
I have found inexpensive frames at Dollar Tree ($1), Walmart ($4), and Amazon (prices vary, but it’s nice to get multi-packs of identical frames delivered without having to shop).
Print your quotes on high-quality paper. I prefer heavy-weight matte paper.Printable gratitude quotes in simple frames make great gifts! Click through to get your free set of 20 printable quotes… #inspiration #quotes Click To Tweet
Use highest-quality print settings. Yes, printing this way will use more ink. However, the results are completely worthwhile — colors are stronger and edges are sharper, which looks pretty and polished.
I used to wonder why my printouts never looked like the photos on blog posts. Mine always looked so dull, even with a good Epson printer.
Then I discovered how to change the settings to the proper paper and quality. After that, I was so happy with everything I printed! It really does make a huge difference!
Print different sizes and orientations for different areas of your home. You may want three matching 8×10 frames on one wall, but on a shelf you can use several sizes of frames to add interest to the arrangements.
Change your printed decor frequently. Keep it fresh, either by season or whatever mood strikes you at the moment.
Don’t be afraid to try something a little different, like DIY watercolor. Grab some markers, print your quote on watercolor paper, and watch the video below.
You could also try creating canvas prints and feel crafty in a not-too-difficult way. 😉
More Simple Living From Filling the Jars
Did you enjoy this post? Please take a moment to share on Pinterest or your favorite social media… Thank you!